snow day

by stephen on January 20, 2013

Today is a perfect Sunday. The neighborhood is quiet and after several still icy days in Amsterdam, there is fresh movement with a new snowfall. Here is the view outside my front window with Christmas lights still decorating a tree.

My backyard’s new look really brings out the white in my falling panda bear mural.

And I pulled out my second Geysir Stretch shawl with unwoven ends to go with the cool wintry colors.

I say it’s an ideal knitting/movie day. I parked myself in my favorite knitting spot surrounded by blankets, pom pom garland, and artwork by my favorite artist, Amanda Marie.

I’m making another big knit blanket with Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER.

Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER and LOFT are two of my favorite yarns to work with. I spent all last summer creating new designs with Jared’s classic and cozy American wool yarn. This blanket is the last of 12 new accessory and garment designs featuring Jared’s yarn and photography for my next KAL. Yes, that’s right…garments…and several of them. :) I’ll be releasing more information about this new KAL very soon.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to adding this big SHELTER blanket to my constantly expanding blanket collection. I have a few handknit blankets, but I also love acquiring wool blankets from places I’ve traveled to or wish to visit someday. So far, I have colorful knit and woven blankets from Iceland, England, Shetland, Norway, Denmark, and India.

They come in handy this time of year and when I have guests over they can pick which ones to cuddle with.

It can be very difficult to leave the house on cold days like these surrounded by wool and color, especially when the fridge is completely empty. I guess that’s what pizza delivery is for.

I’ll be back soon with more projects and KAL information to share. Until then, grab a blanket and stay warm!

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

woolydaisy January 20, 2013 at 11:54 am

the wintery pics- remind me of my days in minneapolis! brrrr. is that a super long water radiator along the wall? can’t wait for your new KAL. damn-i haven’t finished the choreo KAL one yet.

Molly January 20, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Looking forward to a KAL. I’m in the process of knitting the Rockefeller which I recently found and fell in love with. Doing it in “Steve Loves Tosh” and “Whisper” They’re looking great together.

Richard January 20, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I love your work! As I have done several of your patterns! And some repeats.im ready to cast on the “meatlouse”, the blanket you are now knitting, what’s the name of the pattern? And where can I purchase it from?
Stay warm and enjoy your day.
NAMASTE, richard.

Kai January 20, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Love your blanket collection! Especially in this weather.. :) all snuggly and warm..

Yarndude January 20, 2013 at 1:39 pm

That really does sound like a perfect Sunday. I look forward to seeing your new designs, too. And hey, I’ll be in Chicago next weekend. I’ll be sure to let the city know you say hello.

stephen January 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm

The blanket will be available during my next Ravelry KAL in February/March.

stephen January 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Can’t wait to see Rockefeller in those colors. :)

stephen January 20, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Yes say hello to Chicago for me. :) Are you visiting any yarn shops?

Kyli January 20, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Love to see you comfy, cozy and knitting so many beautiful things! Try and get some spinach on that pizza…

Valerie January 25, 2013 at 9:41 am

I just started to learn how to knit and found your website via Soulemama. I am in love with all of your work! Once I master a dishcloth (HA!) I am going to step up my game and try one of your patterns. :)

stephen January 26, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Yay! Most of them are deceptively simple, but the Boneyard shawl is a fun easy shawl and free too! :)